Legacy Engineering Inc.
Geotechnical Engineering; Construction Materials Testing & Engineering; Private Provider Inspection & Plan Review; Threshold Inspection; Calibration, Mechanical, & Product Testing Services.
Legacy Engineering was founded in 2005 by John E. Ellis. The Ellis Family has over 75 years of experience in providing quality services to the construction and engineering industries, throughout Northeast Florida, Southeast Georgia and the greater Southeastern United States.
Our Vision: Make a better tomorrow for our community by Building Better
We believe that business can be a powerful force for good in the world, and that we can and should leverage Legacy to do that in the most effective way possible through Building Better:
• Building Better Team Members: Support growth of our team members and their families – personally, professionally, financially, etc.
• Building Better Buildings: Help our clients build as efficiently as possible, correctly
• Building a Better World: Using our time, resources and finances to positively impact the world around us
We work hard Building Better through providing Integrated Engineering Services including Geotechnical, Threshold Inspection, Private Provider Inspection & Plan Review, Construction Materials Testing, Calibrations, Product Testing, and other services.
Since 1939, the Ellis Family has provided quality services to a long list of satisfied clients including owners, engineers, architects, contractors, concrete, aggregate and materials suppliers. We have also provided services to many local, city, county, state and federal agencies.
We would love to be your first call and point of contact for your engineering needs.
The Ellis Family
A Legacy of Serving the Construction Industry
John Ellis founds Jacksonville Engineering & Testing in 1964
Left to Right: David Ellis, John Ellis, and John Ellis II
John Ellis founds Ellis & Associates in 1970
David Ellis, former NEFBA Associate Director and current GAHBA Executive VP, performs soil tests
John Ellis II founds Legacy Engineering
John Ellis III utilizing LegacyReports.com, Legacy’s paperless digital report system
- Quality Engineering services at a fair price
- Honesty In Everything: We do things correctly, and if we are wrong we say we are wrong
- Problem Solving: When we see problems internal and external we work to solve them
- Continuous Improvement: We are always looking for ways to improve
- Professional: We treat our clients with the utmost respect and go the extra mile to serve them
- We exist to solve engineering challenges by working hard as a team in a family friendly work environment.