The first step to “Quality Engineering at a Fair Price” is quality people.
Legacy works extremely hard to provide an environment where everyone can be successful in their respective role. Yes, we provide competitive salary; 401k with matching; medical, dental, and vision coverage; company truck (field positions); cell phone and more, but a job you love is much more than that. We want all of our employees to provide the best service in the industry, so we focus on training and enabling you to do that; micro-managers, complainers, and people who don’t enjoy challenges need not apply.
If you like to learning new things, interacting with clients, enjoy working in a small, family-friendly, fast paced work environment keep reading!
We love to hear from people who want to be part of such a work environment! If you see an open position below which you are interested in please send us an application. If you fit the mold of someone who should work at Legacy, but don’t see an open position would send us an email with an short explanation of why you fit the mold, we are always looking for quality people to work with a quality team.
Geotechnical Engineering & Drilling Manager
Oversee all aspects of geotechnical operations. Ensure that all engineering is completed in a timely manner, clients are taken care of, department culture is excellent, growth goals are met, and profitability numbers are reached. Be a resource for the CMT (lab and field) group to ask questions and ensure the technical quality remains high.
- Teach/mentor younger engineers in writing reports, completing jobs, performing work, obtaining work, and other miscellaneous jobs. Ensuring that younger and/or less experienced engineers are learning how to run jobs from start to finish (not just doing specific tasks for jobs).
• Model Legacy leadership ideals (see separate document: servant leadership, Building Better, etc.) to the geotechnical department and ensure the entire department understands and is growing in those ideals.
• Ensure all department team members know and understand the why behind company wide and department specific goals.
• Prepare and execute the department annual business plan.
o Work with Legacy salesperson to be a resource for additional growth.
o Work with CMT sales lead to make sure they know which jobs need to be bid for CMT phase.
• Ensure all proposals and important client contacts are entered in CRM and interface with other departments to ensure clients are given the excellent service.
• Be involved with at least two work related organizations – one technical & one professional
• Responsible for preparation or oversight of proposals and cost estimates.
• Manage and oversee the setup of all jobs with all correct information, scheduling of field work, and scope of work.
o Ensure all clients have filled out a client setup sheet prior to drilling to properly bill and have correct points of contact
o Communicate early enough with drilling subcontractor to ensure jobs are not unnecessarily delayed
• Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are written and maintained for all CMT and Geotech work areas
• Review soil samples, assign lab tests, review lab tests, and make sure prescribed field work is complete.
• Responsible for preparation or oversight of all reports and included boring logs, plans, and data. Ensure all reports are completed and delivered by deadline.
• Complete or review projects to assure that all billable items and expenses are included so that A/R can invoice jobs in an accurate and timely fashion.
o Review and track project costs vs. invoices to ensure adequate pricing and margin.
o Work with A/R to track (and potentially avoid working for) collections and clients with negligent payment.
• Track all time spent on things related to clients (jobs, marketing, etc.) so that A/R can reach to ensure time is billed correctly.
• Interact with the drilling manager, drillers and helpers in a way that promotes safe drilling, preventative maintenance, and on-site professionalism.
- Email all resumes to HR@legacyengineeringinc.com referencing the job title or with any questions you might have.