Legacy Engineering performs a wide variety of mechanical testing services including but certainly not limited to tensile, elongation, bend, impact, and hardness (Rockwell, Brinell, etc.) testing on various metal products, including plates, piping, tubing and other various products and shapes.
Legacy performs these tests to a wide variety of industry organization standards, including, but not limited to:
- ABS – American Bureau of Shipping
- AISC – American Institute of Steel Construction
- AISI – American Iron and Steel Institute
- ANSI – American National Standard Institute
- API – American Petroleum Institute
- ASME – American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- ASM – American Society of Metals
- ASNT – American Society for Nondestructive Testing
- ASTM – American Society for Testing and Materials
- AWS – American Welding Society
- DNV – Stiftelsen Det Norske Veritas
We pride ourselves on top notch service, so in addition to answering any questions you might have, we can handle arranging a surveyor if necessary, or just be here to help with any other issue which may arise. Whether welding procedure qualification plates or welder qualifications and whether it’s tested to ABS Section 2, ASME Section IX or SA-370, AWS D1.1, D1.3, or D1.6, or an ASTM standard we can take care of it for you.
We offer same day results on most tests like tensile, bend, and hardness tests. If you need to get your welders going RIGHT NOW, we can help you do that.
We also perform testing on steel reinforcement, cable, wire, rope, bolts, fasteners and anchors.