We work hand-in-hand with your team to ensure your building is built to plans while avoiding delays.
Legacy Engineering, Inc. provides threshold inspection services (sometimes known as special inspections) for a variety of structures.
Our Threshold group is run by John Ellis II, P.E., S.I. He brings decades of expertise and passion for building to each and every project. Legacy also has a team of qualified Threshold Representatives (licensed Building Inspectors & Professional Engineers) who have experience on threshold projects from small to +$1 billion. Legacy strives to provide Quality Engineering at a Fair Price, and for threshold that looks like Threshold Engineers who are local, are actively involved in your project, and work diligently to both keep your project on track and the building built to plans.
Too often when choosing a threshold engineer you are faced with the choice, “do I want a firm that can provide quick service with limited engineering involvement or do I want a firm with better quality with less responsive service”. At Legacy we provide both. We have the personnel to cover jobs and handle last minute changes, and the locally based expertise to ensure quality building outcomes.
Advantages of using Legacy:
• Local Threshold Engineering – With decades of local threshold and structural experience on staff, we are here and can respond to changes quickly – no need to have an engineer travel in from another city
• Largest Locally Owned Testing Firm – We have the personnel to cover both large and the nimbleness to handle small jobs
• Online reporting and deficiency tracking – LegacyReports.com expedites the reporting process and saves you time
When do you need threshold inspection services?
If the building is:
• Greater than three stories or 50 feet in height
• Has an assembly occupancy classification as defined in the Florida Building Code which exceeds 5,000 square feet in area
• An occupant content of greater than 500 persons
If it meets either of the first two criteria and the third criteria, according to Florida Statutes, Chapter 553, the building requires threshold inspection.
LegacyReports.com is an electronic reporting system designed to expedite report turnaround time and give complete access to your team members. The electronic formatting allows for 24/7 access to your test results with the ability to provide complete closeout packages in just a few clicks. All reports are digitally signed and sealed and accepted by the State of Florida and Georgia.